2008-05-14

A lettre from Canada

"I was actually shocked yesterday morning when one of my friends in China told me about the news. He told me he felt like on an ocean when he was sitting on a chair in Microsoft Beijing office when the earthquake waves reached Beijing from Szechuan. My first instinct was that he was kidding and asked him how HUGE would the earthquake be since Beijing is as far from Szechuan as Toronto is from Vancouver. He said: "It is 7.9-magnitude quake, dude".

12,000 are dead to the minute. Period. And the death roll is still increasing. Many of them are teenagers. The earthquake strikes when they are sitting in the classrooms, learning. Those young lives didn't even get a chance to bloom. The thought on those lost young lives saddens me deeply because I could well be one of them, lying in the debris, if I was 20 years younger.

Local coverage is here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080513.wchinaquake0513/BNStory/International/home

The rescue is still on-going, and we still have a chance to make a difference. Please help those devastated people and save more lives! Every penny counts!

If you want to donate to the Canadian Red Cross' China earthquake project, you can:

1. Go to the Canada Red Cross website: https://www.paypaq.com/redcross/new/index.php
2. Fill out the form and make sure to select "China Earthquake" project.
3. Submit

I personally thank you for any help you can give..."




Original adresse:
http://davyuan.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F8143BF0F1E5AF7E!845.entry

No comments: